Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hello, World

No, it was not that I had too much spare time. The truth is, I managed to stay fairly occupied most days (and nights).

Rather than representing some new avocation, launched to prevent my hands and mind from being idle, this is something for which I have been feeling a need for some time.

If you know me, know of me, you are likely aware that I devote a fair amount of energy to the distribution of a variety of voices in the alternative news/talk/commentary genre. In part due to what I hear from those voices and in part from what I encounter via the course of my own eclectic reading habits, I come upon a number of stories every day that I find myself wanting to literally, physically thrust into the face of everyone in the U.S., if not the whole Western world, if not the entirety of the planet.

I can't do that. My reach is too short. But I have heard from sources I trust that this internet thing is capable of reaching people who are farther than arms' length away. Hence, this blog.

My other blog, information wants to be free, was created for a fairly well defined purpose -- to help people keep track of what torrents I am uploading where, as well as to help those people stay abreast of news in the bit torrent world. I realized right away that if I began posting there every item I itched to share, those original objectives could well become lost in a crowd of other things. Hence, this blog.

The other blog is beginning to develop a little following. It's averaging close to a thousand visits a week, with page view numbers well above that. My hope is that the friends I am making there will find time occasionally to visit here as well. The raison d'ĂȘtre for this particular project for now has much to do with maintaining my mental health. I reached a point where I simply HAD to have an avenue for sharing, even if no one other than me saw it. Hence, this blog.

Welcome. Who knows what you may find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment